Sunday, July 24, 2011

Blog 4

As I'm entering this 4th blog, I'm somewhat distracted with excitement.  My prior blog talked about our trip to Haiti.  We met several interpreters during our trip.  One interpreter, Esther, told me she was on Facebook.  I looked her up and as it turns out, she is in the United States visiting.  Long story short, I'm picking her up at the airport Wednesday at 1:45 a.m. :) She will be visiting with us through Friday.  I am so excited!  During our email conversations, I asked her if she had Skype.  So, we're now going to be able to communicate for free via Skype!  Until coming to UA, I'd never utilized Skype.  I am hoping to have Esther with me at the community college, in order to let the nursing students meet her.  They helped us prepare for the mission trip by packing medications.  They will be able to meet someone that their work helped. This is great!

The institutional issues assignment touched on an aspect where I worked in a team to create formative and summative reports.  This prior work better prepared me for this course because the terms were not foreign.  I'm excited to have applied this assignment towards my end of semester project as well.  Each layer builds upon the other and I am so enjoying this program!! I especially enjoyed the articles about copyright and I felt better to learn that the majority of online copyright issues are like me, a little vague and nonspecific.  It is exciting to be part of growing technology, where one day, the process/policy will be clear.

I must say that this semester has been one of, if not my favorite!  I love the flexibility of this course and the resources are excellent.  Very helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment